Saturday 3 November 2012

Halloween 2012

Happy Halloween!
Sick of Halloween being an excuse for girls to dress up as slutty little bunnies or cats, us girls decided to go freaky this year! Armed with OPI polishes, eyeliner and facepaints we spent a good 2 hours creating our costumes and I think they all turned out pretty well!

On Tuesday night, we had a nail night and I painted these little creations. Again done with those amazing Rio nail art pens (I definitely need to get another set of those). The base was painted with an OPI white  nail vanish and a Rimmel London black as the base. I was going to do my fingernails as cobwebs like my thumb nail but decided I quite like them how they were... Thanks to Google images for giving me ideas! They've actually lasted quite a while too. Maybe I should make an effort to put a base coat on more often!

I went as a weird doll to the Halloween party at uni but the make-up took me a long time even though I did a half-arsed attempt too! The dress is courtesy of my friend Dani, thanks babygirl. I got a few ideas from YouTube videos for the make up look but basically winged the whole thing (with minimal expenditure). 

The Halloween night at university was apparently good. I personally am missing most of the evening (I wouldn't ask because I couldn't tell you anyway) but from what I've heard there were some awesome costumes. My friends in the photos above were a ventriloquist doll (right) but actually ending up doubling up at Jigsaw from the Saw movies and a corpse groom (middle) who met up with her corpse bride later in the evening!

Jigsaw baked us some amazing Halloween-themed goodies like spider web cakes and mummy gingerbread men. But sadly treat-or-treaters avoided our house (sensible mothers clearly know which houses are student houses in the area!) so we ended up eating her baking ourself, not that I'm complaining.

So, until next year... Happy belated Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment