Friday 3 July 2015

Five Favourites: Paris

It's pretty much a Paris-themed week on the blog due to my recent return so I thought I'd continue with this week's Five Favourites dedicated to my favourite places/things to do in Paris. So if you're planning a trip, here's five ideas for you:


1. Have a cocktail in La Favorite
Absolutely my favourite bar in Le Marais. It's been my haunt for a while, throughout my placement year and when I returned this week. It's a little pricey but Happy Hour (7pm to 9pm) solves that, plus they really are seriously good cocktails. I can also vouch for the mocktails being incredible too, and are also included in Happy Hour. Find details on their website here.


2. Eat Ladurée macarons
When people say they are the best in Paris, they're not wrong. I reckon there are a few independent patisseries that equal them but they are worth their name and, if you're going to try macarons while in France (which you should!) then they may as well be Ladurée with their many enticing flavours. If you can drag your eyes away from the pastel coloured rainbow of macarons then they also do other patisseries and bakes, as pictured above. Find the nearest shop here.



3. Cycle around Le Marais

I was persuaded by a friend to do this on my year abroad and was so pleased I did! I love Le Marais anyway but if you're brave enough to jump on one of the Velibs (find one close to Le Marais by Saint Paul metro stop) it gives a totally different view of this pretty area. The streets are far quieter too so you can worry less about traffic! 



4. Sit on one of the bridges
It almost doesn't matter which one because they all give a different but gorgeous perspective of Paris. Watch the sun go down, or come up and it'll be magical. Watching the sun go down the night before my birthday was truly memorable!



5. Visit Shakespeare and Company bookshop

If you're a Literature student, or just love books, you'll love this little bookshop. It is a bit of a tourist trap and there are other equally cute bookshops in Paris but this is easy to find, and is next to Notre Dame to just pop in. Its history and charming nooks, along with its dedicated reading spaces make it a book-lover's dream. Make sure to go as soon as it opens for a quieter experience. Click here for their website.


Hope I've given you some ideas for your trip to Paris! Do you have any favourite haunts? I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I really have to go to the Shakespeare & Co bookshop. One of the places I really love in Paris is the musée Carnavalet, the museum of the city. It is full of wonderful paintings and furniture all relating to the history of Paris - and also located in the Marais so you might know it already! To me, it's the perfect place to learn more about Paris!

    Julia xx
    | http://www.juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia! :) Oooh that museum almost made it onto this list - very close! Musée Canavalet is definitely a favourite of mine, especially because it's a bit quieter and smaller - I love it! We clearly have similar tastes :) xx

      Delete