Monday 29 June 2015

City Break: Packing for a weekend in Paris

I think it'd be pretty hard to have missed how excited I am that I'm returning. But allow me to clarify that I am UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED. It actually feels like I'm going home. Ever since I left, pretty much this same time last year, I've wanted to return and this summer finally provided me with the opportunity. What better way to spend my 22nd birthday (eeek!) in my favourite city in the world? Naturally, with such excitement came an epic planning/organisation explosion. I'm pretty sure I've driven mum insane. My packing list has been slowly finalised over the last month or so. Considering I'm going for a total of two nights, I actually do understand how ridiculous this sounds but in case you hadn't gathered - I'm excited. It's also meant to be hot when we're there. And I mean hot. Like currently an estimated 38 degrees on Wednesday, whaaaat! Amazing, but I also remember how sticky the city can be so forward outfit planning is a good idea. So here's a second post for this week (crazy, I know) about what I'll be taking along with me on my Paris summer city break...

Basics
3x tops, one of them striped (of course!)
2x skater skirt, one black, one denim
1x pair loose jeans for travelling
Comfy shoes (don't be fooled though, even Clark's can be comfy and stylish)
(I hope I don't need to say underwear here, I feel like that's a given!)

Special
Dress for the evening
Exercise clothes (if you're like me and can't resist the opportunity to go for a run while you're there!)

Extras
Sunglasses - do not forget those sunnies
1x belt to accessorise (mainly with the skater skirt)
1x scarf, also to accessorise and as a good wrap in the evenings
Across the body bag (think having it slung around your front to keep an eye on it) or one with a decent zip, I still haven't decided on the one I'm taking!

And here's some outfit ideas that I've got in mind...


By watching all the Parisians and their impeccable style for a year, I've learnt that it's good to stick to fairly neutral colours. Think blacks, whites, navies - all classics that can be mixed and matched. Also, make sure you're comfortable... You don't see Parisians wiggling about in their short shorts because they keep riding up - they just wear longer, looser, comfier clothes and exude that incredibly chic je ne sais quoi we all know and love.


Having spent time in Paris, I feel so much better prepared and have a fairly good idea about not screaming 'tourist' with my clothes! I'd like to think I'm not a tourist, but of course, in the eyes of the Parisians, I'm sure I am! If you're planning a similar city break and are struggling with packing, I hope this has helped! I'd love to know any other ideas/tips you have, comment below! :)

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your stay in Paris! I always like it when people go there and actually love it :D you picked lovely outfits. And yes it's really hot indeed, we're practically melting haha. Do you know what you're going to visit? :)

    Julia xx
    I'm back in Paris! Check out my last post here: http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr/2015/06/bonjour-paris.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia :) thanks for stopping by!
      I cannot believe it reached almost 40 degrees in Paris yesterday! I got back today after some terrible Eurostar delays, but thankfully it didn't completely ruin my trip. We spent most of our time in Le Marais, definitely my favourite area!
      Just checked out your blog too - I had very similar thoughts to you when I went for my year abroad in France! So interesting to see the reverse view!
      Have a lovely day :) x

      Delete